Bulgogi Korean Tacos
Serves 6 people | Preparation time: 20 mins. | Difficulty: Easy | Cooking time: 15 mins.
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. thinly sliced beef
- 6 flour taco tortillas
- 1 ½ cups shredded cabbage slaw mix
- 1 ½ cups kimchi
- sliced green onions, for garnish
- black sesame seeds, for garnish
- white sesame seeds, for garnish
- lime wedges, for serving
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. sweet soy sauce
- 1 tsp. pure sesame oil
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
How to make it?
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, sweet soy sauce, pure sesame oil, and red crushed pepper flakes together.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Pour in the vegetable oil, then add in the garlic. Stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in the sliced beef and cook until they have browned nicely. Pour in the sauce mixture and stir it together with the beef. Cook for about 2 minutes then remove the pan from heat and set it aside for later.
- If you would like to char the tortillas, turn on the stovetop so that there is a small flame. Place a tortilla directly onto the stovetop above the flame and cook on both sides until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Repeat this process with the remaining tortillas.
- To serve, add some of the bulgogi, cabbage slaw, and kimchi to a tortilla. Garnish with sliced green onions, black sesame seeds, and white sesame seeds. Serve with a lime wedge on the side.