What to start with?
- 1 lb. broccoli florets
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 ea. garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups rice for serving (optional)
- sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- scallion, for garnish (optional)
- microgreens, for garnish (optional)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Cooking Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 2 oz. Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Oyster Flavored Sauce
- 2 tsp. Chinese rice wine (or white wine)
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
How to make it?
1) Blanch the broccoli in salted water for about 2 minutes or until slightly tender and dark green. Shock it in ice water and drain thoroughly.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together the baking soda, cornstarch, Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Cooking Soy Sauce, Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil. Pour the marinade over your thinly sliced flank steak and let it sit for at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
3) In a separate small bowl, stir together the Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Oyster Flavored Sauce, Chinese rice wine, chicken bouillon, water and cornstarch until the cornstarch is fully dissolved.
4) Heat a wok or a large skillet on high heat and add the oil. When a wisp of white smoke appears, toss the garlic and marinated beef into the pan. Cook for about a minute continually moving the beef so it browns on all sides, but is still rare. Once the beef is seared, add the broccoli and cook for an additional minute. Stir in the sauce and keep it all moving.
5) Don’t be afraid to scrape any bits off the bottom of the pan before it starts to burn. Once the sauce has turned into a nice thick glaze, serve immediately with garnishes (optional).
Can be made with:
LEE KUM KEE Panda Brand Oyster Flavored Sauce 18 Oz (1 LB 2 Oz) 510 g
LEE KUM KEE Pure Sesame Oil 55.7 FL Oz (1.74 qt) 1.65 L
Master Premium Soy Sauce 25 FL Oz (760 mL)
Sautao Corn Starch 16.01 Oz (454 g)
ShaoXing (Shao Hsing) Rice Cooking Wine 25.3 FL Oz (750 mL)