1. How to make crispy chicken without deep frying?
Use oil, salt, egg, and cornstarch.
This combination creates a dry batter that is suitable for pan-frying. Normally, deep frying requires at least a few cups of oil. For this recipe, you only need a regular skillet and 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup of oil to pan-fry the chicken. Not only does it yield an extra crispy exterior and juicy, flavorful meat, but the chicken also stays crispy even after you coat it with sauce.
2. Use any cut of chicken you like
Cut the chicken into 1-inch and 1/4-inch pieces. The size of the chicken pieces matters because you want the surface to turn crispy with the inside just cooked through at the same time.
3. Key ingredient
Many General Tso’s chicken recipes call for rice vinegar. But if you really want the rich tangy taste like the restaurant version, you should use Chinkiang vinegar (镇江香醋) instead.
Before you start cooking, you should have the following ready:
- Marinated chicken that’s coated with cornstarch
- A bowl of chopped ginger and garlic
- Dried chili peppers
- Mixed sauce
To cook General Tso’s chicken, you need to:
- Pan-fry the chicken, then transfer the cooked chicken onto a plate.
- Saute the aromatics, then add the sauce.
- Once the sauce thickens, add back the chicken and toss everything together.
SOME BEST SELLING PRODUCT RECOMMENDATIONS